Hija Belmont Church exists to minister to all that walk through our doors as well as our surrounding community. We are a family of dedicated followers of Christ that strive to meet both the physical and spiritual needs of both Japanese and English speakers.
Our church has been greatly blessed by others. In particular, Belmont church in Nashville, Tennessee from which our own name is derived. Here at Hija Belmont we offer Sunday morning Bible classes for adults and children. In addition, there are a variety of weekly Bible studies and Prayer times. Details on programs offered at our church are located under Ministries.
We believe in the following:
- There is one God, who is the Creator of all things. He exists as one divine being in three parts: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ, the Son, came to earth, was crucified on the Cross and rose again on the third day. In this way He provides salvation to all that accept Him. Jesus has ascended into Heaven with God the Father.
- The Holy Spirit dwells in each of His followers and acts as a comfort, teacher and guide.
- The Bible is God’s Word given by inspiration of the Holy Spirit and written down by men. It is complete and sufficient to instruct us in all matters of righteousness, holiness, godliness and salvation.
- The local church is an assembly of believers that are part of the Church which consists of all true believers worldwide. Jesus Christ is the Head of this Church.
- Jesus has commissioned His followers to reach the world through the teaching of His Holy Word to all cultures and languages.
|Belmont Church is a non-denominational church located in downtown Nashville, Tennessee.
Belmont has been an integral part of our work here in Okinawa.
|While Chester Carney was in the U.S. Navy, he traveled to Japan. After being witnessed to, he received Christ and began ministering in Okinawa. Though he was born in Canada and grew up in inner city Nashville, Chester had passion to reach the people of Japan. He married Naomi, an Okinawan woman. They have been married for 20 years and have 4 children. The Carneys founded the Hija Belmont Church which has ministries to local schools, a battered woman’s shelter, and to the Yomitan community. Through teaching and ministering to the younger generations, the Carneys are raising up the next generation of Japanese church leaders.|